I saw this pattern at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, VA during the last days of February. They also had a sample there; it was done in more country/Americana style fabrics. I immediately knew I wanted to make this, but I also knew I wanted to make it with a more modern aesthetic.

I started in mid-March and worked on it in and off, trying to get it completed by the time the North Carolina Quilt Symposium rolled around in late May. That, did not happen, however I did get it finished this morning!

All the fabrics used in this piece came out of my scrap bin. The whole piece is 24″ x 24″ and consists of 900 (!) pieces. My intention initially, was to make this as a “test” piece, and then use different colors to make a “nice” one (everyone that knows me, knows that pink is not my color).

After 900 pieces, I have decided that this piece is it – I may still do another one, but it won’t be in the near future!

20130902-161844.jpg

20130902-161853.jpg

Advertisements