Back in October and also in December, I wrote a couple of blog posts about a project I was working on (https://irenegrimes.wordpress.com/2013/12/17/yet-another-project-continued/) that involved a nine-patch exchange and a quilt-along and how I was combining the two.
Well, the quilt is finished – almost! I have put it together, quilted it, and am finishing up the binding.
I am genuinely surprised by how well received this quilt is. Everyone I showed it too is very complimentary about it….don’t miss understand me, I like the quilt, but I also see the (many) issues with it.
I used this quilt as a practice piece for me to improve my free motion quilting so the shapes are not perfect. It is very densely quilted because I like dense quilting.
My friend Mary Ann took some great photos of it – they are posted below.